Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jeep Patriot CRD Limited, Oil Warning Light.?

Hi, I have this issue with the car where every single time I start it up the "Oil Change Required" lights up on the display, I have checked the Oil as I have only had the car 2 months and its only a 59 reg (UK) its done 33,000 Miles and the Oil reading is slighty above MAX, I researched any tips on this problem and found that pressing the accelerator 3 times before the Jeeps beep sounds 4 times on start up does reset it for that occasion, but whenever I start the car again it reverts to "Oil Change Required", would it be best to simply take the car into its dealership (albeit too early as the car is only nearly 2 year old) or is there a reset method which obviously I seem to be doing wrong with the 3 presses of the accelerator pedal ? many thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment